Interview with Sam Bird
The words of the successful pilot Sam Bird of the DS Virgin Racing team of Richard Branson.
This year Sam Bird Inaugurated the season of Formula E with his big victory in the city of Hong Kong.
Next the interesting interview of Sam Bird for NBI News / www.nbinews.com
– You consider the Punta del Este circuit attractive ?
‘It’s great to be returning to Punta del Este and I’m excited to be racing the season two circuit configuration. The fast-paced nature of the circuit makes it a highly enjoyable race, I can’t wait til race day.
– You have won the first race in Hong Kong . How do you see yourself for this new season?
The win in Hong Kong was incredible, the whole team worked together to deliver an excellent result despite the frantic race! So far, I’m continuing my strongest ever start to a season – something that I hope to continue in Punta del Este.
– Richard Branson said in an interview that: in 10 years Formula E it will be more important than Formula 1. What is your opinion on this topic?
EVs are the future – globally they’re becoming the most important and spoken about topic in the motor industry and this is reflected in the growth of Formula E. Formula E launched the Gen2 car at the Geneva Motorshow last week, a car that reflects the speed at which Formula E and the technology involved is evolving, thus the importance of the sport on the industry as a whole.
– What do you think about electric cars? Do you think is next concep in car racing, and car’s market. What is your opinion?
As Formula E grows and evolves the automotive industry does so also, for sure, electric vehicles are the future. Every country and city that we race in has EV targets that they’re aiming to hit. FE allows the technology developed within the sport to be converted to road cars, allowing common misconceptions of electric vehicles, such as range anxiety, to be tackled.
– Do you like Punta Este?, what Is your opinion about Punta del Este city.
Punta del Este is a beautiful city and I cannot wait to be racing along the seafront for a third time, it will be a great way to end the Latin American section of the calendar this season.